Thursday 20 October 2016

Kaisercraft Advent Calendar - Silent Night Collection


I had so much fun putting the Kaisercraft Advent Calendar together and then decorating it. I chose a selection of papers from the silent Night Collection, one of which has small square images that are the perfect size for the drawer front and backs.


I left all the numbers in the chipboard surround and brayerd over with Martha Stewarts Lake Fog paint and popped aside to dry. Then I brayered the drawers with the Sycamore Bark paint, making sure they were all dry before turning over and doing the other side.


Once the drawers were dry, I glued them together with a good strong wet acrylic glue, before dry brushing some of the Lake Fog paint around the edges.


 The Advent Calendar itself needs a a little patience and a few spare hours to put it together, before you can start the fun part of decorating it. I used Lake Fog to paint the main Calendar.


I cut out all the drawer fronts and backs, then using a 3/4" circle punch, punched half circles in the paper that would be on the front of the drawer, before using wet glue to attach them. I covered the back of the draws, so that when the day had past and the draw had been emptied, it could be turned around so the numbers no longer showed.


I chose a busy pattern to cover the outside of the calendar, as you need a strip of paper longer than 12" this way it was easy to disguise the join.  With a happy Santa paper to decorate the centre panel, and a sentiment cut from another sheet, all that was left to do was add some glitter to the now dry numbers and add them to the drawer fronts.


No comments: