Sunday 18 September 2016

Luscious Sparkle and Shine


Happy Sunday and welcome to a festive make for IndigoBlu using the beautiful Angel from the Peace on Earth stamp set.


I started by trimming a piece of the new 12" square Damaged Dots paper (ups not released yet) to
5 1/2" square, distressed the edges and gave it a wash of diluted White GeeSsoGood Then I took a strip of paper measuring 1 1/2" by 5 1/2" from the new 12" Damaged Damask, and that's not relased yet either...........Check out the One Day Special on Hochanda launching 8pm on Saturday 24th September for the details. I also distressed the edges of that piece as well, and gave it a colour wash. Once that was dry I stencilled Super Thick Slap It On through the gorgeous new Damaged Damask stencil and set it aside to dry.


I stamped out my Angel onto a piece of Perfect White Stamping Card and added some colour with Neocolour pencils, before fussy cutting her out.


I stamped out the sentiment from the Sparkle and Glisten stamp set in jet black Archival ink on to my strip of distressed card, mounted it onto a slightly larger piece and sandwiched distressed muslin in-between the layers for added texture.


Now that the base layer had dried, I added everything onto a 6" square card blank. It looked great as it was with the shine from the embossing, but by adding a little Luscious the pattern of the texture really pops through. 



The muslin looks so pretty with the diluted Luscious, the sheen is so soft. I also added more colour to my Angel with a mixture of Luscious powders, and also some gorgeous Unicorn Sparkles to her wings, before adding her on black foam pads to raise her up from the fabric.


To finish off I couldn't resist a little splattering of Black GeeSsoGood some sequins and some blobs of stickles.

Happy Sunday.
Elizabeth x

No comments: