Monday 18 April 2016

For the Love of the Roses


I love this new Roses Stencil from IndigoBlu and I just can't stop using it on everything!!


I cut a piece of Kraft card just slightly smaller than A5, distressed the edges and then gave it a light coat of diluted White GeeSsoGood Once this was dry I stencilled some of the Fine Texture Paste quite thickly through through the stencil.


When you heat up a thicker layer of the paste it puffs up and gives lots of extra texture, just be careful not to pop any bubbles. Next I spritzed some of the gorgeous new Kingfisher Metallic Paint onto the centre of each flower, and adding some splatters across the whole of the card.


Then with the Raven Black Metallic Paint I added more splatters and some shading around a few edges of the Rose petals for extra depth.


I finished off by adding some of the Golden Glass Bead Gel around the edges of some of the petals, so when the light catches them it gives a lovely shimmer, along with the metallic paint.


And finished with a little "Love" spritzed with the Kingfisher Metallic Paint.

Hope you enjoyed my project, don't forget there are more fabulous pieces from some of my other team mates, check out the IndigoBlu blog for the links.

Happy Crafting
Elizabeth x

7 comments:

Birdcage Craft Studio by Sue Ralph said...

Hello Elizabeth, This is beautiful. I can see why you can't put the stencil down. I love the tiny beads you have added. Thanks for sharing xx

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, and something to add to my Port Sunny shopping list.
Wanda

rachel said...

Beautiful work elizabeth ... something else to add to my list of needs xx

Redanne said...

Oh I love that stencil Elizabeth and I really, really love your beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth this is great xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is the coolest! Fabulous stenciling!

agapanthus said...

Love this! xx